Hair Transplant Cost
Table of Contents
You might be facing hair loss due to age, genetics, or medical conditions like thyroid disorders. The most effective way to add the amount of hair to an area is through a hair transplant. A hair transplant is a procedure where the hair on a person is moved from one donor area to fill up an area with no hair or thin hair. These hair transplants have been done in America since the 1950s. The treatment and recovery of hair transplants can come at a high price, but the value in the quality of life is of no comparison.
When understanding the typical cost or price for hair transplants, consider more than just the procedure itself. The treatment and recovery bring up other factors that can affect the total hair transplant cost.
The Cost of the Hair Treatment
The exact price of a hair transplant is dependent on each individual patient. . However, it can be very costly to increase the thickness of your hair in terms of the treatment procedure and recovery. A hair transplant is considered cosmetic surgery. Thus, the procedures are usually out of pocket, and most insurance companies will not chip in the cost. The cost often varies greatly from $4,000 to $15,000, depending on some factors.
Factors That Affect Hair Transplant Cost
1. Your Location
The cost of the procedure will vary depending on the general cost of living in that location. The higher the cost of living, the higher the chances of high surgery costs. Also, the average number of doctors offering the procedure nearby will affect the amount the surgeon may charge you.
2. The Hair Restoration Procedure You Select
While the cost of a procedure will vary depending on the doctor performing the procedure, here are some expectations on cost:
- FUT procedures typically range from $4,000 – $10,000. FUT is typically less expensive than an FUE procedure.
- FUE procedures range from $4,000-$15,000.
- Facial Hair Transplants range from $3,000 – $15,000.
- Corrective Surgery for Hair Transplants can range from $4,000 – $15,000.
3. The Surgeon’s Skills
If the surgeon performing the procedure is prevalent in their field and termed the best in the industry, the cost will be higher. However, you should note that higher charges do not always mean high proficiency skills, and you should do your research well. Look for reviews of and photo and video galleries of actual patients. Look for a deep history of procedures and not just a couple of the most prominent success stories.
4. The Quantity Of Hair You Need To Be Transplanted
Hair transplant across the whole scalp and just adding a few patches of hair will not cost the same price. Increasing hair on an entire scalp will cost significantly higher than filling in a few patches or temple areas.
5. Travel Costs
Your doctor will not charge your travel costs, but you may still factor them in. You might need to travel when looking for the best hair transplant specialist. These costs should be added to the budget when deciding if the procedure is affordable for you. Some clinics offer financial plans that assist or equalize the treatment cost, which one can pay in a few installments.
6. The Cost Associated With Recovery After A Hair Transplant
Apart from treatment costs, you will need to set aside money for recovery costs. Recovery costs and follow-up treatments can:
- Reduce the chances of an infection.
- Cover medication for pain that is to be used immediately after procedures.
- Include Anti-inflammatory medications to help reduce swelling in the area that the surgeon operated on.
Other Budget-Friendly Options For Hair Transplants
There are non-surgical options for hair transplants for people who cannot afford a hair transplant.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine). You can buy this without the need for a prescription. Both males and females can use minoxidil.
- Oral finasteride tablets (Propecia) produce results or reduce baldness between three months and six months if you use them consistently. It slows down hair loss and improves hair regrowth.
- Low-level laser therapy. The therapy works by stimulating cellular activities that treat hair loss in men and women. Low-level laser therapy improves hair retention and strengthens fragile hair. It works well in treating both genders’ pattern balding and genetic hair loss.
- Estrogen medications assist women facing hair loss.
Insurance Involvement In Hair Transplant Procedures
The majority of the insurance companies in America consider hair, facial hair, and eyebrow procedures cosmetic. Most insurance companies do not help settle the surgery cost or recovery. Once you choose your surgeon, their business team can work with you to recommend special financing partners. Financing options are available to help manage a payment plan for the cost of hair restoration.
With the right hair transplant, you can bring back a fuller head of hair. Balding or thinning of your hair will no longer bother you. Hair transplant procedures can assist you in feeling and looking more confident. Putting a price on this type of improvement in your life is difficult. But for the most satisfaction before and after your hair restoration procedures, discuss budgets with your surgeon and make a plan for the best options to fit your needs and desires.
At Arocha Hair Restoration we accept cash, all major credit cards, and most checks (with telecheck approval). Financing options and easy payment plans are available through our partnership with CareCredit®. Hair transplant prices – Is It Worth The Cost? We think so!